What is the BPS Birmingham Future Leadership Development Programme?
BPS Birmingham Future is committed to help young professionals grow, both professionally and personally by building upon their existing bank of skills.
The Future Leadership Development Programme, in partnership with Aston Business School, provides our members the opportunity to develop core leadership skills and style with a series of evening (6pm – 8pm) monthly training and speaker sessions on a range of topics.
The course, designed specifically for the city’s emerging leaders, covers a range of topics including personality styles, strategic decision making, developing meaningfulness in the workplace, managing high performing teams, and negotiating with impact, to name a few.
Who is running the course?
The Future Leadership Development Programme is delivered by Aston Business School and associates:
– Each workshop is compulsory to attend and will be held at Aston University
– The social events, whilst non-compulsory, offer an opportunity to further network with the group and create relationships that will help you in your career
– During the course, we will host a series of sessions that complement the official course topics. These workshops will be opened up to all Future members to offer an insight into the learning experience. Places will be limited to 35 people.
Aston Business School’s academics lead sessions and take overall responsibility for delivering the programme alongside Future. We also hand-pick some of the region’s senior leaders, each of whom will attend a session and provide ‘real life’ thoughts on how to implement your learning; what works, what doesn’t work, and how you can become a better leader.
Who can apply?
To apply for the Future Leadership Development Programme you must:
– Be a member of BPS Birmingham Future and working in a firm in the West Midlands
– Have at least five years’ work experience or have three years’ post qualified experience
– Be either currently working in, or working towards, a people management position
– Be available for the dates provided
How much does it cost?
The course is FREE and exclusively open to BPS Birmingham Future members.
The course is, however, worth a value of £4,000.
As places are limited for the programme, please be aware that non-attendance of two workshop sessions will result in non-completion of the programme and may incur a financial penalty based on the total value of the course.
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2017/18 cohort are now closed
*Valuation provided by Aston Business School based on duration and course content.