- This event has passed.
SIGNPOST: Growth Mindset Conference
February 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Along with Wesleyan and Aston University, Women in Banking and Finance are bringing a prestigious growth mindset conference to Birmingham next month to give Midlands professionals the chance to learn from some of the most inspiring and successful people in our industries.
The motivation behind it is to enhance your mindset and show you the clear path to further developing your career in 2020. In order to do that we’re going to be exploring current and future technological, social and economic landscape impacts whilst also hearing from industry experts through a choice of workshops and interactive Q&A panel discussions.
It will be an action-packed day with keynote speakers, headlined by Lord Stephen Green, Baron Green of Hurstpierpoint, former Minister of State for Trade and Investment and ex group chairman of HSBC Holdings PLC. There will be interactive panel sessions along with a selection of collaborative, bite-sized workshops (including some that are CPD qualifying).
We’ll also be joined by Sue Liburd MBE to tell us why “you can’t trust a woman”, Brawn GP’s inspirational Managing Director Nick Fry, who bought the F1 team for just £1 and miraculously went on to win the Constructor’s and Driver’s Championship (with Jensen Button) in 2009 and Cindy Ferrara, an internationally-acclaimed business coach who will be teaching you the art of being “pitch perfect.”
The confirmed line up (with more to come) is as follows:
Keynote Speaker: Lord Stephen Green, former Minister of State for Trade and Investment, former group chairman of HSBC Holdings and author of the Human Odyssey – East, West and the search for Universal Values.
Other speakers and workshop leaders include:
- Nick Fry, Motorsports expert and business management speaker
- Anne Siew, Managing Director, Dartmouth Partners
- Quintin Price,Strategic, Governance & Investment Expert
- Professor Gina Rippon, Emeritus Professor of Cognitive Neuroimaging at the Aston Brain Centre, Aston University
- Philip Sykes,Founder and Principal of The British School of Etiquette
- Cindy Ferrara, International executive and business coach
- Philippa Grocott, Founding Partner, FSTP
- Dr. Jonathan Ashong-Lamptey, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Expert
- Sue Liburd MBE, Non-Executive Director of Abstract and award winning businesswoman in human capital innovation
We can only go up to a couple of hundred tickets on the day due to the capacity of the venue and are on advanced sale only, so if you’d like to invest in your development and take the next step this year then we’d love to see you on the 8th February.
You can find out full timings, all of the session info, an itinerary for the day and get your tickets booked at https://www.wibf.org.uk/events/details/growth-mind-set-conference .
Tickets are just £60 for non-members and £40 for members.