BPS Birmingham to take part in the Prince's Trust Million Makers Scheme
News Categories: aspirefuture
Six months, £1,500 seed funding, £10,000 target.
What is it?
Million Makers is an entrepreneurial challenge in which teams across the UK compete over six months to raise £10,000 or more for the Prince’s Trust. Collectively, teams are aiming to raise £1,000,000 to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people around the country. We want BPS members put their skills to a great use and get involved!
How and When?
- Recruit: We’ll form our team by mid April 2018
- Launch: The competition kicks off with a regional Launch Day – a great opportunity to get to know each other and learn about the cause (27 April 2018).
- Plan: Build your ideas into a business plan with the support of your mentors and The Prince’s Trust (May – June 2018).
- Pitch: Pitch your business plan to a panel of senior business leaders, Dragons’ Den-style! Presentation skills are put to the test in order to secure £1,500 seed funding from The Prince’s Trust (week of 11 June 2018).
- Implement: Once the pitch is complete, the six months of fundraising begins. Use your time management, project planning, communication and leadership skills to turn your plan into a reality (1 July 2018).
- Half way: Celebrate your achievements so far – and weigh up the competition – at a Half Way event (27 September 2018).
- Celebrate: The final totals are announced at regional finals across the country in February 2019. The winner from each region goes on to the national final which in March 2019 alongside the prestigious Celebrate Success awards
- Gain new skills and knowledge
- Build confidence
- Network outside of your business
- Discover new talents and interests
- Have fun
- Raise money for a fantastic cause, and change young lives
“Million Makers pushed me out of my comfort zone and enabled me to develop team management, decision making, and negotiation skills. It developed my personal network and contributed to a recent promotion”
– Samantha Cooper, Dell EMC Million Makers
For further information about the BPS Million Makers team and how you can get involved, please contact Rachel Cox at email@example.com.