BPS Birmingham are looking for a Marketing Chair
News Categories: aspirefuture
BPS Birmingham is on the lookout for one of its members to take the helm as Marketing Chair. A role previously held by Tara Tomes, the current Chair of Birmingham Future, this is a great opportunity to use your existing marketing and communications skills and get more involved in the organisation.
Working closely with the BPS Birmingham exec team, particularly Events & Marketing Assistant Scarlett Armstrong-Sly, you will help BPS Birmingham promote its membership and events, both to members and the wider sector and city.
As Marketing Chair you will have the opportunity to attend both Aspire and Future’s Leadership Team meetings, as well as run your own meetings with the Marketing Leads that sit across each committee.
Key responsibilities of the Marketing Chair
• Organise a monthly marketing meeting to discuss activity across Aspire, Future and Leaders, and identify opportunities to communicate what we’re doing
• Support and motivate marketing leads to manage their own elements of the BPS website and social media channels
• Proof read the mailers that are sent out to BPS Birmingham databases; these mailers are written by Scarlett Armstrong-Sly but you will guide on content and be the ‘second pair of eyes’ to make sure we’re promoting ourselves in the best way
• Work alongside the Aspire Co-chairs and Future Chair to set out a plan for marketing going forward
• Act as part of the approval process, where relevant, for committees’ external communications/media activity
• Working with BPS Birmingham’s Communications Director, and appointed PR agency and creative agency, to drive the direction of the marketing and communications for each brand
• Identify new ways to promote our key events and initiatives to existing and prospect members
This is a great opportunity for someone with a few years’ experience working in the marketing field, who understands using the right channels of communication to get to your target audiences.
The commitment level will be around 2-3 hours per week, or around a day a month, so is very manageable and can be tailored to suit your existing work commitments.
Please note, this role is voluntary and you must have a Future Membership to fill the role.
If this sounds of interest and you’d like to find out more, please email email@example.com.