Support Birmingham Museums
News Categories: aspirefutureleaders
The proposed budget cuts to the Trust’s funding could result in:
– A substantial reduction in public access to some of our museums, which include Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum, Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House and Weoley Castle.
– Fewer learning activities for students, local schools and community groups
– Significantly reduced public access to Birmingham’s collection for both research and public enjoyment, either in the city or through outward loans
– Reduced capacity to deliver projects alone or in partnership
It is vital that Birmingham’s museums should continue to receive the funding they need to survive and thrive and continue their valuable contribution to the city of Birmingham.
Other ways you can help:
- take part in the Birmingham City Council consultation
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- donate to BMT’s annual appeal
You can also sign the petition here.
Please note the deadline for budget responses is 18 January 2017.